MORE FOR YOUR BUSINESS
By participating in the Greater Topeka Partnership Business Expo you can show what your company has to offer and learn what your peers in the marketplace can provide to benefit your business.
Introducing Darlene Y Mitchell as 2020's Business Expo Speaker
RETAIL BOUTIQUE CONSULTANT//THOUGHT LEADER//SPEAKER
Darlene is a passionate, entrepreneurial and strategic retail expert with over 20+ years of experience in the apparel, accessories, footwear and home furnishings industry. She’s held various leadership roles at the world’s most recognized retail brands, including Payless ShoeSource, Chico’s, Hot Topic/Torrid, Pacific Sunwear and Gap Inc.
Darlene now leverages her experience in top tier retailers and boutique ownership to consult boutique owners with their business. She provides guidance on how to use cash as a critical investment then maximizing that investment through sales forecasting, inventory management and assortment planning.
She embraces the challenges that owners face every day, every season and every year when running a business. She personally knows that feeling of opening the doors to your own business.
Darlene holds a B.S degree in Fashion Merchandising from James Madison University. A person of faith, she is actively involved in church and community activities. She is a self-professed foodie and an occasional Thursday night might find her sampling a new restaurant menu.
- Darlene Retail Seminar - 10:00 - 11:00
- Luncheon - Reservations $55 each
*Please note: Lunch is NOT included with booth reservation
- Training Breakout Seminars at the Business Expo. - 1:30-4:15 (45 min sessions) *Hosted by GoModern, LLC, Irigonery, Turney, & Ravenaugh, LLC, & Networks Plus.
- Special Business Unwind - 4:30 - 6:30 p.m. for Partnership members and their guests. Beverages and hors d’oeuvres provided. There will be special door prizes at this event. (Plan to have one or two people available to staff your booth during the social)
- 24-hour exhibit hall security
- One 10’ wide x 8’ deep white-draped display table and two chairs
- Booths will be assigned on a first-come, first-served basis upon receipt of contract, booth rental fee and electrical outlet fee (if applicable)
- One outlet per booth
- Promotion of the Business Expo in Top Mag., at Partnership events, and in Partnership mailings
- Media campaign week of event
- Move-In: Tuesday, November 3, 8 a.m.–noon. Exhibits must be ready by noon
- Move-Out: Tuesday, November 3, 6:30–8 p.m. No move-out before 6:30 p.m.
EXHIBITORS WILL BE FINED $50 FOR EARLY MOVE-OUT.
Please remove all exhibitor property from the Stormont Vail Events Center by 8 p.m. on Tuesday, November 3rd. Any remaining property will be removed from the premises by the center. Expenses incurred in moving property will be charged to the exhibitor.
This year door prizes will be given out by the Partnership with a minimum of two in the afternoon and two during Business Unwind. Please consider supporting the door prizes as a sponsor for $100 on the contract. Booths are still able to provide drawings in their booths but the winners will not be announced during the Expo.
Seven (7) exhibitor awards will be presented: Best First-Time Exhibitor, Most Interactive, Most Informative, Most Creative, Friendliest Booth, Best Product Demo/Technology and Best of Show.
Greater Topeka Partnership
719 S. Kansas Ave., Ste. 100, Topeka, Kansas 66603
• Register online at Bit.Ly/BizExpo20
- Annual Meeting
- Annual Business Expo
- Inter-City Visit
- Networking Events
- Economic Outlook Conference
- State of the Community
- Small Business Summit
- Annual Kansas Financial Summit
- Women of Influence Awards
- Small Business Awards
- Bridge2Bridge Urban 5K Run
- Cruisin' the Capitol
- Miracle on Kansas Avenue
- Movie on the Lawn
- Noontime Brown Bag Concert Series