The member organizations of the Greater Topeka Partnership cover a wide-range of community-based missions and focuses. The community is crucial to our success, and we are always looking for those interested in helping move Topeka & Shawnee County forward.
Check your area(s) of interest.
ORGANIZATIONS AND INITIATIVES
- GO Topeka (Economic Development): Creates exceptional opportunity for growth, prosperity, innovations, and economic diversity and vibrancy.
- Visit Topeka (Tourism & Hospitality): Increases tourism’s economic impact on Topeka through destination development and brand management.
- Downtown Topeka Inc. (Downtown Core): Encourages the growth of business, governmental services and cultural entertainment in the heart of Topeka & Shawnee.
- Federal Employers Committee: Facilitates networking for federal employers.
- Legislative Affairs Committee: Reviews state and federal issues impacting the GTP’s mission.
- Momentum 2022 (Community Holistic Plan): A comprehensive, actionable and consensus-based plan to guide the community’s collective actions in the years to come.
- EMBD (Entrepreneurial & Minority Business Development): A program of GO Topeka that offers resources and incentives to small businesses in Topeka & Shawnee County. EMDB provides classes, seminars, forums and grants, as well as educational materials to those interested in starting or expanding their small business.
- 712 Innovations (Entrepreneurship and Innovation): 712 Innovations is a creative space to office, collaborate with other entrepreneurs and gain expertise. Facility members have the ability to pursue creative ideas, products and business opportunities by accessing 712 Innovations’ economic and workforce development benefits.
- Forge (Young Professionals): The mission of Forge is rooted in economic development. The viability of the community’s industry is dependent upon its ability to recruit, retain and train young talent by driving innovation and creativity.
- Leadership Greater Topeka: Offered through a retreat and eight sessions January through May, motivates emerging leaders and develops their potential for community leadership by acquainting them with the Topeka community and teaching them skills necessary to lead in the 21st century.
- PTAC - Kansas Procurement Technical Assistance Center (Federal Contracts): Kansas Procurement Technical Assistance Center is a program of GO Topeka that helps businesses secure government contracts by providing individualized counseling and informative training seminars about timely contracting issues and the latest guidelines to assist with the procurement system.
- Heartland Visioning (Community Engagement): Heartland Visioning facilitates community change to improve the quality of life in Topeka & Shawnee County and seeks to create a growing, prosperous, dynamic and trusting community.
- iNCLUDED (Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion): iNCLUDED leads, educates and partners with businesses to create equitable, diverse and inclusive workforce cultures, promoting economic and inclusive prosperity.
- Small Business Council (Small Business): The Small Business Council meets regularly to discuss issues and opportunities that benefits small businesses, members and the Partnership’s mission.
- Together Topeka (Education): Developing homegrown talent is a goal within Momentum 2022 and TogetherTopeka was developed to align the talent pipeline.
- Military Relations Council (Military): The MRC strives to raise the level of interaction, mutual awareness, support and appreciation between the military and civilian business communities in Topeka & Shawnee County.
Below are ways for you personally or your business to get involved and be seen.
- Annual Sponsorship: Opportunities Sponsor GTP events, publications or other opportunities to increase brand exposure.
- Executive Immersion Program (EIS): Designed for C-Level executives, EIS is an individually customized plan to get you involved with key players in the community at a rapid pace.
- Become an Ambassador: Represents the GTP at ribbon cuttings and other events and facilitates membership retention and welcomes new members.
- Business Unwind Committee: Plans and hosts monthly membership networking event.
- Power Breakfast Committee: Plans and hosts quarterly informational meetings.
- Booth at the annual Business Expo: A great way to network and interact with members and potential clients.
- Attend an Inter-City Expedition: Inter-City visits provide attendees with insight to best practices regarding the successes and growth of other communities.
Volunteers are crucial to the success of our events and festivals. These events enhance quality of life for the community and we cannot do it without our great volunteers.
- GTP Membership
- GTP Boards
- GTP Events
- The GTP Team
- Downtown Topeka, Inc
- Forge Young Professionals
- Leadership Greater Topeka
- Greater Topeka Chamber of Commerce
- Visit Topeka
- Go Topeka
- Innovation & Entrepreneurship
- KS PTAC Topeka SubCenter
- 712 Innovations
- Momentum 2022